Our Frequently Asked questions
Do you have any questions regarding our services or about Comfort caregivers and Home Care in general?. See the list below of our most frequently asked questions. If your questions are not listed here, please contact us.
What services do you provide?
We offer professional non-medical in-home care ( also known as Personal Assistance Services) for the elderly and individuals living with disabilities within the greater Dallas Fort Worth area and surrounding counties.
Does Comfort Caregivers & Home Care accept insurance?
Comfort Caregivers & Home Care accepts private pay in the form of ACH. We will help provide your Long Term Care Insurance company with the documentation needed to reimburse your payments.
Does Comfort Caregivers & Home Care offer 24/7 in-home care?
Our services are available for Daily Assistance, a few Days a Week, Monday through Friday care, Weekends, Nights, Temporary Recovery after a Surgery or Prolonged Hospitalization, Respite, or 24 Hour Care – 7 Days a Week.
Does Comfort Caregivers & Home Care have special restrictions, minimum hours per visit, or after-hours surcharges?
- In order to promote continuity of care and retain our best caregivers, Comfort Caregivers & Home Care has a 4 hour per visit & 12 hour per week minimum.
- You can change your plan, add hours, change days or times, cancel days – whatever we can do to meet your needs.
- However, we like to have as much advance notice as possible when it comes to schedule changes. At a minimum of 48 hours’ notice, if likely.
Can I trust your caregivers?
- All of our caregivers are experienced and undergo a comprehensive background check upon hire and annually.
- Federal, National, State, County, and Local Criminal Record Checks
- Social Security Number Fraud Check
- State of Texas Employee Misconduct Registry for caregivers & Nurse Aide Registry
- National Sex and Violent Offenders Record
- National Employment, Educational Certification Verification
- National Motor Vehicle Records, including valid Driver’s License, and automobile insurance
- Drug screening before employment and randomly as needed
- Active Comfort Caregivers & Home Care employees continue their education through an Annual Education Program and periodic skills training.
How do I reach Comfort Caregivers & Home Care, weekends, or holidays?
In Case of a medical emergency please call 911.
If you need to speak with an administrator or supervisor call the main number and choose the prompt to leave a message or speak directly with a supervisor.
On-call supervisors are administrative personnel who know all of the clients and staff members ,
If you have an urgent need for our agency’s services after hours, on weekends, or holidays, feel free to call our on-call supervisor for immediate assistance; otherwise, please leave a message or call back during business hours.
What is the difference between “Home Care” and “Home Health Care”?
Home Care is non-medical at assisting the elderly in their home. Services include bathing, dressing, light cleaning, cooking, and running errands.
These services enable seniors to live independently in their own homes. Health Insurance does not cover these services; however, private pay and Long Term Care Insurance will help cover the cost.
Home Health Care is medical and requires a prescription from your physician. These services include nursing visits and physical therapy, to name a few. Your health care insurance usually pays for all or a portion of these services.